How to use the audit feature
This feature is used if you want to create a supervised user. It allows users to create content and send it for approval before being able to actually share it to the screen.
Here are the steps of how to use it:
1. Notify us if you would like to switch to an audit user and provide 1 to 3 supervisor email addresses. (we will set that up for you on our end)
2. When the audit user logs in to the Studio, all s/he can do is handle creatives. There is no ability to save playlists or screens, unless s/he has at least one approved creative to be used there as content. If you (as the audit user) enter an existing creative or create a new one, you will se that besides the “Preview” and “Save” buttons” in the top right corner of the Creative Composer tool, there is another button called “Submit”.
3. After you press the “Submit” button in order to submit this creative for auditing, the “Submit” button will be replaced with “Revoke” (for undoing the submission) and above the creative you’ll see a notification of the auditors and an icon which can be in orange clock, red exclamation or green V (this is the indication whether that auditor hasn’t review it yet, declined to it or approved it).
5. Now the auditor(s) will get an email with a link for approval of this creative. Once the auditor (who doesn’t need to have a user account in NoviSign) clicks that link, he will get a screen for decline/approve.
6. Clicking the play button in the center of that screen will open this creative in a preview mode. The auditor can close it and then press “Decline” or “Approve”. That should affect the status of the creative.
7. Please notice that if there is more than one auditor, for example, 3 auditors, all the 3 auditors should approve the creative, in order to be approved; 2 approving auditors or 1 are not enough.
8. Also, notice that only after all the auditors approved the creative, the audit user will be able to use it within playlists. If the creative was never sent for approval, you won’t see any icon on the creative. If a creative is already in use in a playlist and the audit user revised it but still did not get an approval for that, it will keep showing the old approved version of the creative in all the players.